The direct student-teacher in a private or small group interaction
promotes a much deeper and richer learning experience since the
instruction is geared towards individual concerns or needs.
Some of the Watercolor skills and Techniques** that we will focus on in a customized class or class series of classes are:
• Deepen knowledge about watercolor brushes/paints, substrates (papers), incorporating pencil drawing, using tools, and water- reactive substances
• Learn how to begin a watercolor painting (wet-on-wet vs. wet-on- dry)
• Practice mixing, blending, diluting, and building up colors
• Practice precision painting
• Consider composition and negative space
• Learn how to work in layers and create textures
• Use color theory to create visually dynamic compositions
• Develop personal style and techniques
• Develop and create an intentional original watercolor composition from start to finish
• In person art instruction can be set up on location at my home studio in coastal Southern California.
A list of recommended art supplies will be provided.